There is Klout, Crowbooster, Facebook Insights, Kred, even HootSuite, and of course Google Analytics just to name a few that are free. Which of the many will you choose and why? What really works? I ask because I don’t know for sure yet. I’m learning the technical side of all of these different tools, but I can’t seem to settle with just one yet.
Here is the break down so far, nothing fancy.
- Klout- The oldest of all, with perks, and other things that make it more like a game and competition. They do give credible insight on your standing based on different algorithms and those change ALL the time.
- Crowdbooster- Looking to keep up with the others but slow at measuring engagement from what I have seen so far. I steered away from that one for now.
- Google Analytics- Numbers, charts, more charts, and a million other ways to interpret the same information and make it easier to understand. Lots and lots of data for you to do with it what you will. This is geared more towards your website, not social media per say, but its great.
- Kred- Still working on getting all the social media platforms on there, but already has a great layout and what seems to be an effective system to measure influence. I can’t wait for them to add more to this.
- Buffer App- I had to put this one in because it does have a measurement tool that lets you see how many people actually clicked on your links for Twitter atleast. Oh and side note, Buffer NEEDS to install Google+. C’mon we are all waiting!
- HootSuite- Not only can you place all your social media platforms on here (except G+, c’mon Google we need some leeway here), but you can also build customized analytics reports that fit best for you to share the data while providing a place to monitor it all.
Either way, Im serious, what is the best way to measure your influence?
Its the $$$$$ in your pockets to help you LIVE after you have gone through all of this social media engagement. Well that is if you are a business. It makes sense. However, I understand you need to show your work, like in grade school, so we have to find ways to keep track and these are some of the free services out there. Check out Avanish Kaushik, he kind of really knows his stuff and can help guide you in a the right direction. Oh and one more link to TNW who shares their top free tracking tools if you want to learn more.
Have a nice day!